Masterclass on Soft Tissue Management & Socket Seal technique
Novotel Edinburgh Centre Hotel, Edinburgh
Saturday 27thOctober 2018
For Registation and programme details : https://www.ed.ac.uk/dentistry/programmes-training-events/masterclass-on-soft-tissue-management
The aim of this course is to develop surgical skills and deeper understanding in the manipulation of intra oral soft tissues; including the indications and principles for deepening of the vestibule
. The course will also cover the extraction of a tooth followed by socket preservation and soft tissue augmentation with connective tissue grafts alongside the latest biomaterials.
One Full Day Master Class Course
A hands-on session will provide an opportunity to carry out surgery on pigs jaws.
By end of the day you should be aware of:
- Indications for deepening of the vestibule and increasing keratinised tissue.
- To describe surgical flaps related to deepening of the vestibule alongside use of biomaterials and connective tissue grafts for free gingival grafting.
- Flap closure, suture techniques and surgical handling of tissues around teeth.
- Socket preservation and soft tissue augmentation with the use of biomaterials and connective tissue grafts.
- Rationale of guided bone regeneration/application of biomaterials
Course Type: Hands-on /Lectures
Aimed at: Dentists/Oral Surgeons/ Periodontists/Implantologists/Trainees
Subject Area: Oral Surgery/Implant Dentistry/Hard & Soft Tissue Surgery/ Management of Soft Tissue around Teeth
Total Number of Speakers: 2
ABAOMS members/trainees: £80
ePay : https://www.epay.ed.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/college-of-medicine-and-veterinary-medicine/school-of-clinical-sciences/edinburgh-dental-institute/masterclass-on-soft-tissue-management-and-socket-seal-technique
For more information please contact: Eleni Besi
Workshop Programme: Masterclass programme oct 18